Fotobounce is unique from other photo sharing software applications. Here’s how:
Private Networks equals truly private sharing
Private Networks are connections you create with friends and family to define who has access to view which photos. When you create a Private Network you are identifying a select group of other Fotobounce users (a.k.a. Bouncers) to share specific photo libraries with. You can even sort your Private Networks into groups such as “Friends” or “Family.” To make it even easier to build a Private Network, Fotobounce lets you invite other Bouncers by importing your contacts from Gmail and Yahoo.
More capabilities of the Private Network feature:
- See whether friends are online or offline similar to Skype™.
Bouncers who are online will show up clearly on the user’s Private Network panel. The user can then connect to those friends and browse their photos by People, Events, Places, Keywords, and Collections.
- Invitations are emailed, along with sample photos.
A user can send a Bouncer invitation email and attach “teaser” photos so friends/family see a sample of the photos available for browsing.
- Full control over privacy of personal photo collection.
Security and privacy of data is a major concern as demonstrated by the recent uproar over large social networks default privacy settings and associated complexity. Fotobounce places users in complete control of their photos and albums and who has access to view them. All transmissions of photos and associated data are encrypted with 128-bit SSL so users can rest assured that no one can view their photos unless authorized to do so.
- Tags remain “intact” when tagged photos are transferred.
When users view a photo on a fellow Bouncer’s system, they will see all associated info tags and people tags attributed to the photo. If the photo is copied to a user’s local Fotobounce library, these tags remain intact, copying along with the photo. This saves time and effort for everyone in the Private Network.
Detailed article on sharing
Facebook, Google, Twitter and Flickr friendly – be a “social” butterfly if you want to.
Sharing photos on Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Flickr is effortless with Fotobounce. Photos are uploaded directly from Fotobounce.
- with tags and descriptions intact, which is a real time-saver! There’s no need to spend additional time painstakingly re-tagging photos and no browser-based transfers or third-party software is required.
- Other Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Flickr-friendly features include:
- Ability to upload photos to Facebook pages in addition to personal albums. Pages are used for promoting companies and organizations. Fotobounce can now be used to upload photos to any organization page on Facebook.
- Direct transfer of photos from Flickr to Facebook, Google to Facebook, and vice versa. This is extremely beneficial for heavy web users. Previously one had to download photos from Flickr and then upload them to Facebook in two separate steps. It also works in the other direction.
- View and post comments on Facebook photos. It is much easier to browse photos on Facebook using Fotobounce than using Facebook itself, and now we have added the ability to comment on Facebook photos while the user browses them within Fotobounce.
- Post entire albums to Twitter in one “tweet.” Photos or entire albums can be sent to Twitter directly from Fotobounce or via Twitpic.
Tutorials on Sharing
Built-in Face Recognition and Automated Tagging.
Fotobounce’s advanced face detection and recognition technology automatically detects faces when photos are found or imported. As faces are detected by Fotobounce and tagged by the user, this “trains” Fotobounce to learn who people are and helps automate the tagging process. This saves valuable time by reducing the need to tag individual photos. Once photos are tagged, they can be shared within one of your Private Networks, or uploaded directly to a social network like Facebook and Flickr. Either way, tags remain intact, saving you, your friends, and family the hassle of re-tagging.
Secure remote access with Fotobounce Viewer or Fotobounce Mobile.
More flexible than your Pilates instructor, Fotobounce is compatible with Windows, Mac, Apple mobile, Android and RIM Playbook. Browse your photos and share them at home or on the go from any platform and practically any mobile device using the Fotobounce Viewer. The Fotobounce Viewer is the sister application to the Fotobounce desktop application that delivers private remote access to photo albums via your mobile device or another computer. There are also no compatibility issues when moving photos and metadata back and forth between PC and Mac devices. In fact, your entire Fotobounce photo library, with all related data, can easily be moved between environments effortlessly.
The Fotobounce Mobile website (fotobounce.mobi) is also available from any modern web browser. If you don’t want to install an app on your device you can simply point your browser to this site. Provides similar access as Fotobounce Viewer without the upload feature. This is a great way to show off your photos on your new Smart TV!
Multiple sorting options mean no more photo “hide and seek”.
If you’ve ever spent significant time searching for a particular photo, you’ll appreciate the many options Fotobounce offers for organizing photos. Such organization versatility provides more targeted photo organization and improves “search and find” capabilities.
Along with “People” and “Date,” Fotobounce users are able to organize photos into album types that include: Event, Place, Collection and Keyword. Event and Place albums are self-explanatory. A Collection album is a versatile album that can be used where organizing photos into events or places would be inaccurate or impractical. For example, photos of animals or pets would be placed into a Collection album. Keyword albums (or what other programs call “tags”) allow for broad categorization of photos. Photos contained in Keyword or Collection albums can be contained in multiple albums. You can also create album hierarchies such as Country, State and City.
Photos delivered directly to your photo library via email
There’s no need to wait to download photos from your digital camera. Fotobounce’s unique Fotomail feature enables users to email full-resolution photos from any source (including desktop email, webmail, and mobile email) directly to their Fotobounce system on their desktop. The next time Fotobounce is launched, you will see that photos are waiting to be imported. Imported photos can then be placed in the album of choice in your Fotobounce library.